|Assessment Type:||Individual Assignment: Research proposal and presentation|
|Description||Submission of a research proposal highlighting the research problem, context, summary of literature review, data and methodology, expected findings and potential limitations. The proposal will also include a timeline to conduct and complete your research project in six-month timeline.|
Note: Research Proposal (75%) and Presentation (25%).
|Topic:||Research Proposal and Presentation|
|Marking Criteria:||Critical analysis; research depth; written and oral presentation/creativity (LO1, LO2, LO3 & LO4).|
|Length:||Research Proposal 2,500 words (±10%)
Presentation: 15 minutes (5-6 slides)
|Submission:||An electronic copy must be submitted via Blackboard on the stipulated dates. Late penalty will be applicable for submissions after the aforementioned due dates.
Email a copy of the presentation to the instructor at the end of the class.
|Description: The topic will be on an innovation related policy issue of the student’s choosing but should be relevant to the UAE context and agreed with the lecturers.
The objective of the first part of the assignment is to enable student to conduct a concise yet comprehensive literature review on an innovation related policy.
The second part of the assignment will require students to develop a detailed research proposal focusing on the choice of method.
Students should follow established research design principles and support their proposal with a comprehensive and critical literature review (an extension of the first part of the assignment) clearly establishing the contribution of the proposed research, identifying data-sources and justifying methodological choices.
· Choose an innovation related policy (existing or proposed) that is relevant to the UAE context.
· Briefly outline the issue the policy seeks to address, choose an appropriate project title and discuss with your lecturer – find and critically review a research article that addresses a related topic.
· Have the topic of your choosing approved by the lecturer no later than 3March 2018 by submitting a 1-page summary of the topic of interest. Your proposed topic should be supported by the critical review of some relevant material (academic articles and government publications).
· Students will receive feedback on their literature review. The students will be expected to incorporate the feedback in the literature review section of the research proposal.
· Write a detailed research proposal of about 2,500 words.
· Be sure to reference your work according to APA guidelines.
- Title of the proposal
-Background of the problem
-Statement of the problem
-Research objectives, questions, hypotheses
-Significance of the study
- Definition of terms
- Preliminary review of related literature
- Research design and methods
- Ethical Considerations
- Expected results
- Time Line
- Preliminary working reference list